I'll post something when (if) I finally get a chance to get things working.
Brief synopsis, however (see delicious for any appropriate links):
- Installed Tomcat 6
- Configured a database (SQL Server, MSDE in this instance) with three tables (tUsers, tRoles, lkupUserRoles)
- Snagged the jTDS driver
- Configured Tomcat default realm to authenticate against the db
- Installed BlazeDS
- Made a copy of the BlazeDS folder for my new project
- Stuck Spring and Hibernate in it
- Wrote some java code for my user and role POJOs (IUserDAO, UserDAO, User, etc.)
- Wrote config for Spring to point to Hibernate stuff & User/Role beans
- Wrote config files for Hibernate to tell User/Role how to work
- Wrote destination config stuff into the flex services xml
- Wrote flex project/code to talk to the destination
Like I said... I'll post more on this later, and all the tweaks I had to do to get things working right. (although I never was able to get Security working like it should).